Everyone at RENTFROMTOM.COM understands the issues and concerns that come with having a son/daughter away at college or university .
The new responsibilities can be overwhelming. A new college/university, studies and extra curricular activities as well as a new social setting, new friends and a new city can be enough to handle. Add in a part-time job, volunteering, bills, expenses and other responsibilities and it can be too much. Finding suitable housing can become a daunting task, especially when you’re not here to help. That’s where we come in.
RENTFROMTOM.COM is here to provide you and your son/daughter with a service that makes the experience of renting an enjoyable one. We want you to feel safe and comfortable with your decision and help you every step of the way. Everything from viewings to paperwork to move ins/outs.
We know what it’s like. We’ve been there – done that. Tom Alderman, our president, was a student at UWO and lived off campus for his entire stay. He purchased his first investment property in 1999 and he presently owns several rental units in London.
He has employed the services of other property managers in the past and worked for one of the companies for 3 years as a rental agent. He’s been on all sides of the market so he understands what you’re going through. We can help you and your family find what you want, where you want and make you feel good about your son or daughter’s new accommodations. Please contact us today.
- Q. When should my son/daughter start looking?
- A. Start Early Have your son/daughter start the rental process early in the new year for the greatest opportunities. Most of the available units come up in January and February so it's wise to contact us as soon as possible.
- Q. What should we tell the present Landlord?
- A. Give Notice Does your son/daughter live off-campus now? Make sure they give 60 days written notice to their present landlord to avoid any extra rent charges.
- Q. What is the best time of year to look?
- A. Get your dates right Are you looking for a May 1 lease start date? If so, start looking in January or February. Are you looking for a September 1 lease start date? If so, start looking in June or July.
- Q. Who else should we contact?
- A. Contact important organizations Already found a place? Great. Make sure you contact the local utility companies and phone, internet and cable companies to cancel old service and add new service. The sooner the better.
- Q. What's the most important thing we should do?
- A. Read, Read, Read Read all applications, leases, schedules and guarantor forms before signing anything. For your peace of mind, we want you to know that all of our documentation is approved by the London Property Management Association.